Explore Longer with our Optional Land & Cruise Program!
Colombia River Cruise on AmaWaterways
Emerging Medical & Dental Healthcare Issues in Colombia
Cartagena to Barranquilla on AmaMagdalena
April 27–May 4, 2024
Embark on the journey of a lifetime with PES through the “Land of a Thousand Rhythms.” Immerse yourself in the vibrant culture and deeply rooted heritage of Colombia while sailing for 7 nights aboard the brand new, 60-guest AmaMagdalena. Plus, add a 5-night pre-cruise land package for added Colombian exploration!
River Cruise Highlights:
- Optional 5-night pre-cruise land package in Medellín & Cartagena with 5-star accommodations and daily immersive tours
- Ride an authentic paola bicycle through the town of Calamar
- Be welcomed by a local band as you take a historic walking tour through Mompox, a UNESCO Site preserved in colonial charm
- Be treated to a special cumbia performance in El Banco
- Discover the colorful stilt houses of Nueva Venicia, or “New Venice”
- Go birdwatching and search for beautiful Cianeguo hummingbirds as well as the Chauna chavaria – only found in this region
- Attend an exclusive Carnaval celebration in Barranquilla featuring vibrant live performances
All-Inclusive Cruise Package:
- 7-night river cruise in elegantly appointed accommodations
- All fine dining on board inspired by the Colombian Caribbean coast, plus a special dinner on shore in El Banco
- Wine, beer, and soft drinks included during lunch and dinner
- Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour
- Daily included excursions, including birdwatching and boat tours
- Nightly entertainment
- 24/7 Colombian coffee and tea station
- High-quality Wi-Fi onboard
Optional 5-Night Pre-Cruise Itinerary:
7-Night River Cruise Itinerary:
PES Stateroom Rates:
Rates do not include port taxes of $210 per person.
Double pricing is based on double occupancy or two people per stateroom.
Single pricing is based on one person per stateroom and is capacity-controlled by AmaWaterways and subject to change.
Reservation Booking Terms and Conditions:
Required Deposit: $1,250 per person and a non-refundable Global Tracks administration fee of $100 per person
Final Payment: Thursday, December 21, 2023
Airfare is not included. PES will book your air arrangements for a $100 per person ticketing fee, or you may choose to handle your own reservation.
Airport Transfers: Guests purchasing airfare through AmaWaterways may qualify for complimentary group airport transfers for a scheduled arrival between the airport and the ship or hotel and on a scheduled departure between the hotel or the ship and the airport.
Prices Do Not Include: Package rates do not include airfare, baggage fees, passport fees, travel insurance, laundry, additional food and beverages, optional excursions, gratuities, items or services of a personal nature, and possible vessel fuel surcharges.
Passports: Passports are required for all guests and must be valid for six months after of the cruise, or November 4, 2024.
Pre- and Post-Hotels: If you would like to arrange additional hotel stays before or after your trip, please contact your PES Travel coordinator.
PES offers optional travel insurance. Travel insurance is strongly suggested and will give you the opportunity to recover monies lost through cancellations. We offer Allianz Travel Insurance as an option. Premiums vary depending on your age and the cost of your trip. Purchase within 15 days of deposit for additional benefits.
Cancellation Penalties: All cancellations must be made in writing to Global Tracks. Travel insurance and airfare are non-refundable once purchased. Any payment to Global Tracks constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions set herein, including but not limited to the cancellation terms. All cancellations are subject to the Global Tracks administration fee of $100 per person paid at deposit in addition to the below schedule:
|From time of deposit until October 25, 2023||$450 per person|
|From October 26, 2023 to December 21, 2023||$1,250 per person|
|After December 21, 2023||100% of the total package|